Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pregnancy Update: Month 5 (22 weeks)

I'm already halfway through month #5, or to put it simply I am 4.5 months along. Although my due date is exactly 4 months from today. If my number of weeks doesn't add up from any of the previous pregnancy posts, it's because when I got my first ultrasound on April 26, it pushed my due date up almost a week. 
Your baby now looks like a miniature newborn. His lips are becoming more distinct and his eyes have developed; though the iris still lacks pigment, his eyebrows and eyelids are in place. His pancreas, essential for hormone production, is developing steadily and the first signs of teeth are showing beneath his gum line. [ Via Babycenter ]
Baby Center also says I have "probably" put on between 12-15lbs so far. According to my last jump on the scale, I've put on almost 10lbs.  And here I am this month:



And here's my month 1 belly compared to me currently:


Month 4 - 17 weeks
Month 2-3 - 10 weeks
Month 1 - 6 weeks

Weight: Starting - Approx. 104lbs. On May 14 - Exactly 114lbs. I seem to be pretty much on track with the weight gain. 

Milestones: 
First Dr. Appointment - April 19
First time hearing heartbeat - April 19
First ultrasound - April 26
First kick - May 6
First time feeling baby through skin - May 9
Second Dr. appointment - May 17
3D Ultrasound and finding out gender - June 6

Movement: Kicking and moving finally started at the beginning of the month, and I love it. It makes everything seem so much more real. I love feeling the kicking or rubbing my belly and feeling big parts (maybe the head or bum) pressing against my hand. 

Clothes: All of my jeans are insanely uncomfortable except one pair. Mom gave me some of hers that are too small, which fit me perfectly for the time being. I also started wearing a pair of her black pants to work because all of mine were too hard to button. Finally bought a pair of sweat pants that can pass as dress pants to wear to work. No buttons, so they'll fit for a little while. When they don't, I'll buy the next size up. They're cheap. I still spend most of my time in baggy pj tshirts, work uniform, or hoodies. I'm sure most of my nice t-shirts wouldn't be very comfortable, but since it's still pretty cool out, I haven't tested any of them out. 

Sleep: I'm more comfortable sleeping on my side again, but a lot of the time I'll have the belly propped up with a pillow, my blanket, or anything really. Just the past couple of days I've had moments in the middle of the day where I could barely keep my eyes open, even though I got more than 8 hours of sleep. I feel almost like I did at the beginning of my pregnancy for awhile. I hope it goes away for a little while longer. 

Eating: I still go from feeling fine to starving within minutes. When I eat a nice big meal, I feel huge and almost get the feeling of my belly growing right then and there. It can be uncomfortable. It's easier to just eat smaller portions often than to eat a lot at once because of it. No weird cravings yet. 

Now that I'm getting close to finding out the gender, I'm trying to hold back on spending so I can finally buy gender-specific stuff. But I did buy two pairs of baby girl winter boots because they were $3 each on clearance. No loss to me if I have a boy. There was a book fair going on at the mall when I was there Friday. $1 for children's books so we bought 10 books. I also ordered two of my favorite children's books from a local bookstore since I couldn't find them anywhere - "The Little Red Caboose" and "The Monster at the End of This Book." I already have my first favorite "Love You Forever" that I bought for my nephew awhile back to read when he visits. 

Just this week I started thinking about my baby shower, because I want to make my own invitations. I made a trial invitation tonight and like how it turned out for the most part. I'm currently trying to decide if I want to reveal the gender through the invitations. Obviously I would tell the people closest to me beforehand, but I don't know if I want to do it that way. I don't know if I could keep quiet until I got the invitations done and sent out, and there's always a chance someone else lets it slip. I'm still thinking it over. I want people to know before they get to the actual shower though. What are your thoughts? 

To sum up, I'm feeling great and it seems, by the way baby moves around so much, that he/she is feeling great too. Time is going by faster than I expected, but still kind of slow. I can't wait for the baby to be here, but I am enjoying all my uninterrupted sleep time. 

5 comments:

Melissa said...

You're looking good! Wow, can't believe you're five months already!

ConnieB said...

You look great, girl!

Haley said...

You look stunning! I can't believe you're going to be a momma is that weird?

He & Me + 3 said...

look at the baby bump. CUTE. you are so tiny.

Baby Sister said...

You look awesome. I love pregnant bellies, they're so cute!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails