Friday, January 14, 2011

Guess what?!

Well, did you guess?

I have some news, that's what. It's kind of ironic news after I wrote up this post. It's funny. I wrote that post shortly before Christmas, but waited until Christmas festivities were over before posting it. It was innocent when written. By the time it was posted? Unknowingly, less innocent. You see, the "damage" had already been done by the time it really did get posted, but I had no idea. 



Is this enough filler yet? Because I sure as hell don't want blogger reader to give away my news with its little 'snippet' of my post, before you actually get here to read it yourself.

Are you getting annoyed with me now? 

Here goes. I am having a baby. I'm pregnant. I have a bun in the oven. I am growing a life. I am terrified, but crazy happy. 

I've heard all kinds of 'Oh my God' and 'What?!!' and even an 'Oh no'. But the 'oh no' was when mother thought I was telling her my sister was pregnant with baby #2. 

So you see? Why me writing a post so recently talking about me being worried that time was going by too fast is ironic? That I didn't want to be too old when I started having kids? It almost makes this seem planned, but it was not. Although I've been asked that a lot. 

This is very early. Even early to be announcing it to you guys, but as it has been announced on facebook to my friends, family and entire small town back home, against my wishes. So I couldn't hold it back any longer from my blog family here. I just thought it would be way too hard to go on blogging, without talking about the one thing that is on my mind the most. 

Expect changes around here. Me? I won't change a whole lot. Not for a little awhile. I've been wanting to change my blog name for awhile, but couldn't think of a good name. In the next few weeks/months, I will be changing the blog name to something that incorporates my new little family and soon may even go as far as to gasp pay for a blog makeover. 

I won't be changing to a Mommy blogger overnight, but hey, if you're a Mom who blogs, chances are you're a Mommy Blogger. 

I just ask you guys a favor - to pray:
1. That the twins that run on both sides of the family, don't start growing in my belly
2. That I have a girl. I'm terrified of having boyfriend's mini-me gamer boy running around in a few years
3. That I have a happy and healthy baby(ies?) growing in my belly, no matter what the gender

We are both incredibly happy with this. Now? Nine months to get our lives in order and get prepared. 

14 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Woot!! Congrats!! That is so awesome!! You're going to be a great mom. :)
I will for sure pray that you don't have twins, that it's a girl, and that it's healthy.
Congratulations again. :) That's awesome!!

J and A said...

Congrats! So cool. :) Look forward to hearing all about it!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm speechless! :)

I completely understand the 'happy but terrified stage'!

I'm so excited to share this adventure with you!

a. said...

Yay! I'm too overwhelmed to say much else, except your best friend having a baby is pretty exciting :D

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! I now know 5 pregnant women, lol. Congrats, glad you're happy (would suck if you weren't) and hope everything goes smoothly and that you have no issues. But I know you'll keep us all updated. :)

Sara said...

Congrats!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! A baby is always wonderful news.

Haley said...

OMG!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats congrats congrats! Yes that was plenty "filler" because by the time that I gotnto the actual guess what's 'what' I had to read it again because I thought it was a joke. Haha I'll be praying for you, I'll also pray that it's not TWIN BOYS! Ouch.

Stephanie said...

Oh I am just going to say a big fat congrats to you!!! How fabulous:)

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

How exciting!!!!! At a certain age, whenever a woman shouts, guess what, the first guess is usually, "are you pregnant?" Congratulations!

He & Me + 3 said...

Omgosh...congrats. I just knew it when you said guess what?

Salt said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, friend! This is wonderful news! Happy and healthy 9 months to you. And please to be tossing some of that babydust in my general direction. <3

Lindsey said...

I totally missed this when you posted it! CONGRATS!!
:)

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Your blog will turn Mommy blog in a hot minute, I guarantee it. I used to scoff hardcore at Mommy blogs and guess what? Today I'm going to be posting a wordless wednesday with just pics of my son. You get so wrapped up in their wonderfulness that nothing else seems to matter. Congrats again!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails