Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Room Ideas

Ideas for Baby's Room

I've been thinking a little about how to decorate the baby's room when the time comes. I don't want to stick him/her in just a plain room, but where we'll be living we won't be able to paint. I found a lot of awesome ideas on Crafter.org, but I'm always looking for more suggestions and ideas.


Super Mario Boy's Room:
Because Daddy is a big video game nerd, so it fits some of his personality in there, plus who doesn't like Mario? If only I could find a Mario bedding set. But then I'm getting ahead of myself. It might not even be a boy.

Up close, they don't look terribly hard to paint. I think I could handle it. This Super Mario room, on the other hand, looks awesome but looks like a ton of work. 

I love this Bob-omb lamp, and ended up making a Bob-Omb lamp of my own.


Piranha plant made out of beads:

Or how about some Super Mario clothes hangers?

I found a ton more awesome ideas but way too many to post today. 


Baby Girl's Room:


I love this girl's room, but I can't paint, so I just admire:




Little Miss Nursery. I don't think I could make those flowers very well:




General Baby Stuff:

I love these baby plaques that I came across on Etsy:


In the end, this turned out to be my baby girl's nursery, with most of the decor made by me out of cardstock and bristol board. A lot of work, but totally worth it. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the owls in the first girls room. I'm a big fan of owls though. ;)

Carri said...

When I found out I was having a boy, I looked online at bedding for hours and hours! Now I'm a little sad because he's a big boy and growing out of his cute baby bedding. :(
Cute nursery ideas!

Brandi said...

That piranha plant is awesome!

With my oldest, he had a decked out sports-related (of course) bedroom. His brother got all his old stuff. My poor baby girl, though, her room might get decorated by the time she's five!!

Leigh Ann said...

Cute! The super mario idea is awesome. And I love the paper shapes in the float frames. May have to steal it. Good luck! I had big dreams for my kids' rooms, but they are still shamefully bare.

Elena Wollborg said...

I love the girls room with the owls...precious!

Alison said...

Cute ideas there!

I love these wall stickers from 41 Orchard (http://41orchard.com/), they have some really pretty stuff. I also love the simplicity of these nurseries (http://www.janereiseger.com/nursery_murals/5ways.html).

So exciting to plan a nursery!

Sandra said...

You can paint a wall! Here I'll tell you how: open the can. Stick brush in can. Slap paint on walls. Husband will be frustrated because you aren't precise enough and are dripping paint on carpet or floor. Husband will finish the job.
See! Easy peasy!

MBC Scrapbooking said...

My daughter's room is that bright color pink- I love it:) The accessories in the other pics are so cute as well- happy decorating!
C:)

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails