Monday, May 2, 2011

Life has a way of changing way too quickly

I feel like I'm behind on life. 

I didn't even mention that we took a family trip on Saturday. 

That's right. Me, mother, sister, and little nephew went to visit grandfather for the day. When it comes to the family drama I've mentioned before, with my uncle using my grandfather's stroke as a way to benefit himself, it seems that may finally get taken care of. 

It's crazy how fast things can change. One day, life was normal, and 24 hours later, mother is leaving her job and moving back to live with grandfather in his own house at the end of the month. The rest of the family is doing all that they can to fix everything my uncle has done. He still doesn't know a thing. 

All in all it was a nice visit. There was a lot of serious talk the entire time, but it's always great to see Pepe. 

This week is going to be a busy one. The only free time I'll have from now until Sunday will be while I'm at work the next two nights. The rest of my time will be consumed with appointments and getting everything ready for the weekend. 

Which just happens to finally be WEDDING WEEKEND

Yep, my best friends are finally getting married this weekend. I feel like it's been leading up to this day forever. I've already checked the weather, but it's too soon for it to be overly accurate. Isolated showers are always better than snow though. 

My bridesmaids dress doesn't fit, and I'll be nervous about that until after they fix it, the second time - only a day before the wedding, and it does fit. 

Anytime I listen to a wedding related song, I tear up. I'm afraid I will probably be a mess at the ceremony. Normally I can control things like that, but pregnancy hormones have made me a lot worse. 


Now if I can just squeeze in everything that needs to be done before I leave for the wedding, I will be good to go. And once back home, it'll be time to get my butt in gear and start packing. I move in with boyfriend at the end of the month. 

I'm glad I enjoy being busy. 

4 comments:

a. said...

It's a very busy time but soo worth it on Saturday! Don't worry about being a mess, I can't even think too much about the wedding or I cry and songs well forget about it. Waterproof mascara is key!

Nicole J said...

No worries, I'm sure you will look great in your bridesmaid dress!

Anonymous said...

Lots of stuff going on! Good with your dress, I'm sure it will be great. :)

Hope everything works out OK for your grandfather.

Baby Sister said...

I'm glad you all got to spend time with your Grandpa. That picture at the bottom is too cute. I may have to do something like it.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails