Monday, April 5, 2010

Cheesecake Fail

Easter Sunday Dessert
I decided to make the Philly Turtle Cheesecake for our dessert. I made it before, and it turned out pretty good. Here are the directions, taken from the website.

Ingredients
•1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
•2 Tbsp. butter, melted
•3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
•32 KRAFT Caramels, chopped
•3 Tbsp. milk
•3 pkg. (250 g each) PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese, softened
•3 eggs
•1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
•1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted

Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover bottom of 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Combine chopped pecans, butter and 2 Tbsp. of the sugar; press onto bottom of pan. Microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 4 to 5 min. or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 2 min. Spread over crust to within 1 inch of edge; cool.

Beat cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup sugar with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in chocolate; pour over caramel layer.

Bake 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle with pecans just before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.


Sounds easy enough. I chopped the nuts, melted the caramels, mixed the cream cheese, baked my cake, put it in the fridge. All was fine.

Until my boyfriend finished his supper, and took a "slice" of cheesecake without letting me know.

I say "slice" because it looked a bit more like pudding, and was not slice-like at all. My cake was not ready. I had my sulking fit, told my mother and sister to just help themselves, it was ruined anyway. The sides were probably caving in. I didn't know. I wasn't looking. I didn't touch the cake or look at it until hours later. I cut a slice and have it here at work to eat, but I haven't tasted it yet.

This is my runny, not ready cheesecake, ripped up parchment paper and all. FAIL.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails