Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to school or not

I don't know where it came from, but since getting to work today I've been thinking more about my once upon a time plans to go back to school. I want to take the Hotel and Restaurant Management, and the local college has a great sounding program.

Here are my two issues.

1) I already work in a hotel. At least that would be a plus in getting IN to the school. But doesn't it seem pointless to go to school to basically work the same job? I know I have better chances of moving up and such, but it still seems like a lot of money to pay to potentially just do the same things.

2) Student loans. There's no way I could do it without them. It costs something like $12,000 for the program. On top of that there's living costs which I estimated to be almost $1000 a month. I wouldn't be able to work much to make my own money. Plus there's the issue of my existing student loans.

But I'm still not ruling out the idea. I just wish I could get other opinions on the situation. Like from someone who's taken the course or someone already working in the field. Except I don't want to ask my boss if I'd have to go to school in order to take over her job lol. But this is my school-related dilemma.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails