Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie



I'm not really a fan of fruit. But I'll eat it in smoothie form. When I was pregnant, I experimented with a lot of different smoothie options, just to get the fruit into me, but none of them were ever so amazing that I would want to talk about it. Until now.

This one is very loosely based on this Watermelon Frosty recipe that I found. I just adjusted and used what I had and thought would taste good. It was the first time I ever drank a smoothie so quickly.


Ingredients:
Approx 1 cup of frozen watermelon chunks
1-100g cup of strawberry yogurt
A little less than 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
Splash of orange juice

Throw it all in the blender and blend until smooth.

It's that easy. I have more watermelon left so tomorrow I'm going to try another one with a tiny bit of kiwi. Either way, watermelon is going to be my go-to smoothie fruit from now on. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mmm, that sounds good! I used to eat a strawberry/banana smoothie every day for breakfast. Really filling!

Sean Marie said...

I like strawberry banana smoothies too. Strawberry watermelon sounds a bit different, but I'd definitely give it a try! Hope you and Chloe are doing well. :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yum!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails