Where did I leave off? Oh, right, I was about to get my taxes done the last time I was here. I got them done, and was praying for "oodles and oodles of money", well I did. I'm pretty low-income, so this was pretty much amazing to me.
I was planning on spoiling myself with my taxes and getting a new (used) couch and a flat screen tv. Instead, I had enough to do that, plus completely pay off my maxed credit card, order Chloe a nice crib, and get a few things we needed around the apartment. And more. I've never felt so lucky. I don't have my couch yet, but I look around my living room at my new tv and dvd rack, and curtains that are on a rod instead of tacked up, and I feel like we're doing great.
Things I'm particularly grateful for today:
- My bills are over paid, not overdue.
- My credit card owes me a couple of dollars, instead of me owing them hundreds.
- My bank account is doing great, my wallet has cash in it.
- I worked this past week, so I'll have even more extra money coming in.
- The fridge and cupboards are full.
- The apartment is clean.
- I have Netflix hooked up in my living room AND my bedroom
- I managed to keep a human alive alone in my care for 6 whole months!
- One of my best friends is coming to visit this weekend!
So basically, life is pretty amazing right now. They say money can't buy happiness? I was pretty happy before, but being financially ahead? Priceless.