Thursday, December 1, 2011

We're all settled (almost) into our new place

They say moving is hard work. I say it all depends on your moving crew. 

My moving crew only consisted of two men and three women movers, plus one baby, plus one mother of mine to watch the baby. My crew was awesome. I own a ton of stuff. I got my keys at 10am and we were completely done I think around 3pm. In the middle of that we even drove out of our way to pick up two ugly couches. 

The first trip to my new place we had a truck, my car, and a Rav4. If you don't know what those are, they have huge amounts of space in the back. The second trip we did the same, except we traded my car for another truck. We rocked the move. I couldn't have done it without my crew. 

Sarah stayed after the move and helped clean and unpack, which helped times a million, since I haven't had much time to do more since. Mom also cleaned a ton, and no one cleans like Mom does. I got a lot done thanks to the two of them. 

Now it's just me and Chloe, and has been since last night. I love being here. I love that everything is mine. I love that I clean and no one touches a thing but me. I love so much about the place, but there's a lot I hate too. 


  • The heat doesn't go any higher than what it's at now. I'm not freezing, but I would rather it be a couple of degrees warmer. It's what I was used to the past year. The floors are really cold on the feet at times.  I'm thankful for slippers. 
  • It is not soundproof at ALL. I hear almost every step the people upstairs take. I can sometimes hear voices. The outer doors slam like crazy if you don't hold on to them and shut them slowly.
  • The windows are nice, but so huge that you need a little more than one panel for each window. If all my curtains were about 10 inches wider I'd be fine, but they aren't. 
  • Basement apartment = more bugs. I only found two so far, but bugs are a phobia of mine. 
  • I wish it had a storage closet. I have a lot of closets, but so much stuff I need to hide in them. 
  • There are random outlets that just don't work. 
  • There are no outlets where you really need them - like next to the bed for the alarm clock and lamp
  • I have to squish the plugs around to get them to stay in the outlets - they're all too loose. 
  • The outer door is really heavy and hard to get into when I have Chloe, her diaper bag, and a coffee. 

I'm sure I could think of more, but I don't want to dwell on the negative. I really do love the place. I'll share my loves, and photos of course, another day. But here's a sneak at the place:


My cute little tree, still a little naked, but me and Chloe might take care of that tonight, depending on how she feels. My poor princess got her first needles today. 

It's great to have internet and a little bit more free time again. 

4 comments:

Sean Marie said...

Aw, yay! I think that is so great you already have a little tree up! :) Apartments can have such downfalls to living in them but being a homeowner is a challenge too.

MOMMY TALK WITH STEPH said...

LOVE the tree! It looks great! I agree with Sean Marie! Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

Moving is such a pain, I can't imagine doing it with a baby on top of it all. In our house the outlets are too big for the plugs as well, so weird!

Baby Sister said...

I'm glad you had such great helpers. :) The tree looks perfect!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails