Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I finally figured out and love Pinterest

I am SO proud of myself. I finally figured out Pinterest. Finally. I've played around on it a few times before, but I never understood it at all. 

Pins? Boards? Huh? 

But then I kept playing. And I actually made some boards, pinned some pins to those boards. I thought it was kind of cool, but still nothing special. 

Then! I played around, trying to add my own pins, trying to add something to my blog. I added it, and then I saw this in the bottom corner: 


Other items from my blog. Other items that OTHER PEOPLE had pinned. People were pinning stuff from my blog. So then I felt famous for 15 seconds. So the fact that people could and actually were putting my stuff on Pinterest had me pretty excited. 

After that, I added the 'Pin It' button to my toolbar, and now I can very easily add anything I want to Pinterest. I've been adding recipes left and right. I've also found a lot of awesome craft, organization and decorating ideas.I don't spend hours upon hours on it, but it is a fun waste of time. And it organizes everything so much better than just using simple bookmarking. I bookmark a TON of stuff, so it makes me feel a lot more organized. I'm in love. 

So, what are your thoughts on Pinterest? 

If you're on it, leave me your link : )

Follow Me on Pinterest

4 comments:

Nicole J @ Knocked Up said...

I'm on pintrest too! My cousin got me into it :)

Irish Italian Blessings said...

I LOVE Pinterest and now you can cross off "Become pretty much famous" off your list! Pinterst pins TOTALLY count as Fame!

Tiffany said...

I just got on it this week... not sure how much I will do as it actually is, as you say, just a share and organization tool. But it's still fun when I don't feel like doing anything requiring much thought. And I love it for when I visit DYI blogs.
Following you on Pinterest!

Baby Sister said...

I hear so much about it, but I've never really looked that much into it. Guess I'll have to start doing that, because everyone and their dogs love it.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails