Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Weekend in New Brunswick

This past weekend we packed up my little car and headed across the bridge to New Brunswick. My favorite province.

Don't get me wrong, I love the island. I was born here. I love the small-town feel. I love being close to my family. I love the accents and silly sayings. I love saying I'm from Prince Edward Island.

I was born there, but I wasn't born and raised.

We moved around a lot growing up. We lived in a lot of different spots on the island, but we also lived in a few different spots in New Brunswick. When I finished high school I chose New Brunswick to continue my education in Fredericton. It was one of the best decisions I've made. I love that city like I was born and raised there. It's a big enough city with a lot of shops, entertainment and festivals, but it still has that small-town feel. It's the kind of place I feel I could settle down someday.

Either way, it was great to get to go back and visit New Brunswick, and especially Fredericton.






Crossing the not-so-cheap Confederation Bridge






Our "home" for the weekend was in a hotel in Moncton. With no fridge in the room we made good use of the sink to keep beverages cold.




It was nice to just hang out alone together all day Friday. 




Saturday we headed to Fredericton for the day. I got to show B. around the city, the two apartment buildings I lived in and a quick drive through the campus of the university I attended briefly.

We visited a couple of friends, then had supper with the friend I lived for two years in NB. We ate at a great little pub called The Garrison District Ale House. Good food, a huge beer menu, and we got to sit outside.

We were both tired when we got back to the hotel room Saturday night so we relaxed and watched a marathon of LA Ink and went to bed early.

We were both a little sad to go back home Sunday afternoon. But not before we made our second stop at Arby's, home of the curly fry. This weekend was my first time trying it and I was not disappointed. Nothing better than dipping fries in cheese.

I cannot wait for my next road trip with B. Hopefully next time we'll get better pictures.

3 comments:

a. said...

Oh but what better place could there be than TC, New Brunswick. I hear they have a swim up bar there and a funny short man with a big nose, lol

My Life in Purple said...

Just an hour more drive and I could have made you dinner! ;)

Glad you had a good time.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Firstly, thanks for the blog visit and comment! I LOVE road trips with my hubby. There is something about getting away to make you really appreciate the one you love. Looks like a fun trip!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails