Monday, January 11, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic: Ignoring Birthdays

It is my little nephew's second birthday. Can't believe the little devil child is two already.

I am home visiting family and going to a couple appointments. The highlight of this trip was always going to be my much needed haircut and eyebrow waxing tomorrow. I'm still very much looking forward to both of those. But the highlights of this trip turned out to be my not-so-cheap purchase of a new pink Columbia winter coat and pointy-toed heels. I am so in love with both. I feel like I can never have too many cute pairs of shoes. And I desperately needed a new winter coat that isn't dressy like my black coat, or too dirty from being white, like my other winter coat. So I am so happy with both purchases, despite the price. The prices were good, just too much for me to be spending.

On the drive home I couldn't help thinking how funny it is that I'll get so stressed and guilty feeling sometimes after spending $20 on something, but I feel so happy after making that big purchase.

I just feel bad because I didn't get my nephew a birthday present (I'm a horrible Auntie!), and there are two other birthdays coming up first thing in February - my love's and my mother's. People just should not be allowed to be born so close to Christmas. I need a larger break in between to give into my shopaholic habits.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails