Today, I did something I didn't think I would ever do.
I got my nails done. Gel nails. Me. I never thought I'd do it because to be honest, I pick at my fingers and fingernails. They don't look pretty, and I try to hide them. That's not my point though. I got my nails done and it was a scary experience. I'll try to remember it step-by-step for you.
1. Sand my nails with what looks like that tool my dentist has that files down my teeth when he's filling a cavity. Just what I need to be reminded of.
2. Even though there was nothing on my nails except the dust from my own fingernails being sanded down, I was supposed to keep my fingers in front of a little heater when she wasn't working on them.
3. She glued on my white tips, which were the equivalent to the wolverine's claws.
4. Cut them freakily fast with something like this. Grab the big, white nail file and file them furiously fast.
5. Pull out a small jar of poison-smelling liquid, and a jar of powder, along with a paintbrush. My thoughts: "Hmm, where is this going?"
6. Dip brush in poison, then cocaine-like powder, then brush onto nails in big clumps and smooth out. Still sticking free hand in front of heater.
7. Sand nails some more, then some more.
8. Move to another table and paint nails with what I think was clear polish. Keep nails under UV lights when not in use.
9. File nails some more. At least three rounds of filing and sanding.
10. Wash hands then pay.
These are not my nails, but they look quite similar:
Strange experience, but I like the looks of them so I may have to keep it up. Maybe it'll cure my hand picking habit once and for all.
Tell me about a weird spa experience that you've had, if you ever had one.
PS: This wasn't a spa experience at all. This was random spot in the middle of the mall where the employees watch Hannah Montanna between customers. Next time? Pedicure!