Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Quotes



I always wanted to be one of those people who just loved life, and always seemed to be cheerful. That was never me. I'll admit it, I focus on the negative way too much. I'm trying to get myself away from the way of thinking. It's time to stop worrying about stuff that I don't need to be worrying about. It's time to be more positive.

So here is sort of a little pep talk, in the form of quotes and sayings I've collected over time. Please, feel free to share your own favorites :)

-------------------

“Are we going to be friends forever?" Asked Piglet.
"Even longer", Pooh answered


The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. -Mark Twain


Happiness is a direction, not a place. -Sydney J. Harris


A pessimist sees only the dark side of clouds and mopes;
A philosopher sees both sides and shrugs;
An optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.


Everyone has someone in their life that keeps them looking forward to another day.


Don't live in the past, its over & you can't change it.
Don't worry about the future, it hasn't happened yet.
Live in the moment, do what you want, and live your life.
Life is only beautiful if you make it beautiful.


Happiness will never come to those who don't appreciate what they already have.


The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.


-------------------


PS. Has anyone been watching Regis and Kelly? The current Canadian episodes filmed a block away from my apartment? How nice for our island to get so much publicity.

I'm taping them all on the DVR, but haven't watched much yet. I'm not a big fan of these types of shows normally but I can't wait to get watching them.

2 comments:

a. said...

Obviously the first one is the best!!
;)

Instead of trying to be happy, I just stopped trying and am just being.

Caro said...

Keep them coming I need them!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails