Saturday, June 26, 2010

Recap of the Week

It's been quite the eventful week. I got to spend some quality time with my nephew.  

I know a friend in high places and scored two free tickets to the Anne and Gilbert show, which is a locally-themed musical. I'm not all brushed up on my island knowledge, so I actually don't know the Anne of Green Gables story at all, but now I know all about Anne and Gilbert's love story. Anne is one of the reasons people come to this island, she's pretty famous.

[ via ]

Anyhow, the show was great. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who ever visits the island.

My mother started working as a housekeeper at the same hotel where I work this week. I only work one daytime shift a week so I won't see her much but I think it's kind of cool.
Wednesday was my 5 year anniversary of graduating high school. It was also the birthday of S., one of my best friends.

Here's the birthday boy with his cake


Some decorations.

I made the card and the little stars (attached to cheap, red stripped straws) myself. We had a pretty fun night having drinks in the hotel room, and a couple more drinks down at the hotel bar. An older guy in the bar may have bought us some drinks.

We went out to a bar where the music sucked until the last few songs, people push you instead of walking around you, but I still had a decent time.

I got lucky enough to have two days off. I went for a walk to Mom's, where we then went to Sears and tried on shoes and dresses.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day. I finally got around to packing a bit and tidying up my crazy looking apartment. My sister dropped by with my nephew and when she was leaving, he wanted to stay so I let him. We cleaned for a bit then went for a walk, bought a toy firetruck, and stopped at the park before he got picked up again. It was a nice but short visit.

I can't believe it's already Saturday. Of course, I'm stuck at work but my best friend a., and her fiance are in town for the night so I'll be sleeping at the hotel tonight with them. Sadly, we have barely any time to hang out, with me working first thing in the morning but it's still nice to see them both.

Hope you guys are having a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Bossy Betty said...

Thanks for the re-cap! Looks like it was a busy week. Glad you could celebrate your friend's birthday.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails