Monday, April 19, 2010

How quickly things can go bad

I kind of learned the meaning of a bad day today. 

First, let's start off with Saturday night. I was working, and quite enjoying it. I was in one of those super-good moods. Then it hit me. I just had these weird pains/cramps in my upper stomach, kind of under my ribcage. I survived the rest of my shift, went home. I had a hard time sleeping, because of the pain. I

t was less intense, but still with me all day yesterday. 

It wasn't really constant, thank God. Just a little pain here and there. Even today, it was still here. It part pain/cramping, and partly feels like it's about to be a hunger pain, the way it feels right before it growls, even though I had just eaten plenty.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find out if a persistent stomach pain is serious? Obviously I did not want to go to the hospital or to a clinic and wait for hours. Been there, done that. I need to be really scared for my life to go through that.

It's finally gone, thank God. Just in the past couple of hours.

Hallelujah! I'm not dying (I hope!)

But all that had me in a not so happy mood.

We have a family staying at the hotel right now. I just talked to the mother a few minutes ago. They got a call last night that a close family friend died, he was only 27. In the middle of that shock, they forgot about something they were cooking, which brings them here. There isn't any structural damage to their house, just a lot of smoke damage. 

It's just like a reminder how quickly things can go from normal to crazy. And how my little problems are compared to what they could be. 

Not that I've been having many problems. I'm a happy girl lately.

5 comments:

My Life in Purple said...

oh my goodness...what a load all at once!

You're a sweetie, I'll be putting good thoughts out there for you <3

My Life in Purple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley said...

That's awful aboutthat family! Sheesh it's bad enough that they lost someone then their house gets messed up!!

I also had severe stomach pains like that. Mine passed as well then they came back even more harsh. So much sothat my body couldn't take the pain and I started vomiting. Come to find out I had a serious uti. It ended up setting up a large infection in my body beside my galbladder. I had a whole month of intense medication, one of the meds made it to where sunlight hurt my eyes so I couldn't even drive to work!! (also because my medicine made me fall over but yea that's a whole other story). So m advice to you would be that if you eventhink that something else is hurting or anything else I would go to a walkin clinic (that's what I did to save the emergency room bill). *they say that a symptom is a burning pain while taking a pee but I never even had that whch is why my uti got so bad bc I had it for so long with no obvious symptoms.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Wow!
first, sorry to hear about your pain
second, you are so right, things can change in a second. Be thankful for every good moment, right?

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad it was just smoke damage but what an ordeal to have to deal with it and also my prayers with life loss at such a young age.

Hope you feel better sweetie, you take care of yourself!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails