Thursday, November 26, 2009

Christmas = Happiness

I fail at NaNoWriMo. Under 15,000 words, and I haven't written in over a week. It started to become more of a chore to me anyway. I love writing, but not being forced to. But whatever. This is not the purpose my writing here today.

Christmas.

I splurged on a DVD at Wal-Mart today because for once I don't have the patience to wait for it to go down in price. I also didn't want to wait to shop around for a better price.



I vaguely remember wanting to see it last year. Actually, something I've been wanting to do forever is see a Christmas movie in theatres. But I missed this one, so I bought it. I'm in love with Reese Witherspoon anyway. I'd like to own all her movies.

I've had my tree up for quite some time now. I've had presents wrapped and ready for even longer. I managed to let the boyfriend convince me that each of us could open a present today. I also let my sister convince me to let my nephew open one of the presents I got him. He looked so cute and happy when he was opening it. I can't wait until real Christmas.

I feel that people in general just aren't excited enough for Christmas yet. Our lobby at work is finally decorated and they're playing Christmas music some days at our other job. But there's no snow. Right now, not so much all the time, I just want to surround myself with Christmas music and decorations and presents and baking. Christmas feels like happiness and I want more of it.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails