Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday is Filled with Random Thoughts

I keep thinking today is Monday. I am a wee bit off. I'm excited for the weekend to get here, but dreading the rest of the week because I'm up early tomorrow for a doctor's appointment, then I work at my second job on Thursday. After that, I am free!

It's been a good week so far. I found a new pregnancy-sized uniform for work. None of it is maternity, but I think it'll do the job. I'm glad that's out of the way and I've already been reimbursed. And I even like the uniform. I thought I'd be stuck with something I hated just because it fit. My current one got pretty tight all of a sudden.

I finally finished all my baby shower invitations, and have them all mailed out except for two. I've been trying to finish up a second project to send along with one of the invites.

My grandfather got his invitation. I called him tonight to wish him a happy birthday. He is now 74. He seemed pretty excited about the 3 ultrasound photocopies that I sent along with the invite. He also seemed pretty excited about the baby shower. I really hope him and my great-aunt can make it up. Neither of them are able to drive. It's all kind of strange. Before the stroke he would've been too busy and never would've came to something like my baby shower. It wouldn't have bothered me, I know it just wasn't his thing. But after the stroke, now he gets excited about these kinds of things. I guess blessings really do some in disguise sometimes.

[ Christmas 2010 ]

 
I've been doing a lot of thinking about the little Miss's room for when we move in about two weeks. I decided to go with the Super Mario/Princess theme. Which basically means a lot of Princess Peach, pinks and yellows, mixed in with some of the other Super Mario characters.

I ordered two quilt squares from Ebay, one with Peach and one with Yoshi on it and I'm hoping to get a baby blanket made. Hoping to get some wall decals and make a few things myself. I'm still hoping to make the handpainted Super Mario name letters, as I posted here, except try to make them a bit more girly. But I can't get started on those until a name is chosen, and I'm not sure that'll happen before she's born. I'd hate to decide her name then not find it fitting when I finally meet her.

I also learned that Ebay is very very addicting. I wanted to order everything, but thankfully I only got the two pieces of quilt. I will definitely be getting a few other things in the near future.

I didn't mean to get so rambly. I apologize. Not really. But maybe I'll save some of my random thoughts for another day. Here's a random photo to end the day:

[ Me and my husband, Deric Ruttan, February 2010 ]

2 comments:

Nicole J @ Knocked Up said...

Are we going to get to see the amazing inviations that you've been working so hard on?

Baby Sister said...

Your grandpa is so cute. I hope he can make it.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails